Tuesday, October 25, 2011

[FREE] Dream deferred

      What happens to a dream deferred? I'm not sure about anyone else but when I have a dream I actually never forget it. I mean sure there are dreams that I put aside but I never forget them, they always resurface and I would continue on reaching that goal. Like when I was a kid I had all these goals in life that I still remember today. There was this one time when I was talking to my friends about our future, what we want to be, where we want to be, and things like that. I remember that I wanted to be a doctor or dentist because I was raised to help others whenever I can. I wanted to live in a really nice house and be really successful so I could help out with my parents. I have put those dreams aside for a while so I could focus on school and then work my way to those goals.

      Now that I think about it, those dreams are still there, just off to the side so I could slowly work my way towards it. So I think of a goal that I want to get to and I slowly break it down and figure out ways that I could slowly make it there.As a kid I always had realistic dreams. If you ask a three year old now they would probably say they want to be something magical from some fairy tail. Maybe I'm weird but I always wanted to be someone that helps others and could make a difference in the world. That was when I was about 8 or 10. I still have that same goal now. It is just off to the side so that I  could slowly work my way to it. My goal is still the same as the one from when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure it would remain there and I will someday reach it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment